And……I’ve also been nominated by Lydia from Lydia’s Blog, a beautiful, encouraging, and passionate blog ❤ Y’all REALLY need to go check it out! 🙂 Thanks, Lydia!! ❤
“The Awesome Blogger Award
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.”
This was created by Maggie of Dreaming of Guatemala, for her 17th birthday ❤ ❤
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
On To The 5 Questions!
Out of the 5 senses, which is your favorite?
Oh my. I think I’m going to have to go with sight. Eyes are so beautiful. I can read with them, write with them, see all the various colors of the universe with them, see the people around me with them…. Ooooh. I now have the beginning of a brilliant story idea: “The Silent Girl.” 😉 (Will probably be one of those dusty half-finished ideas forever sitting on my shelf 😀 …understands if someone happens to steal it 😀 ❤ ) Man, what would it be like to only have your eyes as a functioning sense!!
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Given the choice (out of a thousand options), probably rich, creamy chocolate ❤ However, I do enjoy vanilla, strawberry, and cookies-and-cream. I had salted caramel once, and while it wasn’t bad, I’ll stick with the others 😉
What is your favorite day of the week?
Hmm. A tie between Sunday and Saturday…whichever is more restful/relaxing ❤ (a bonus point for Sunday: I get to go to church!! 😀 )
Out of the 4 taste buds, which is your favorite?
Oh wow! Okay…I’ll go with sweet. Salty (aka FLAVORFUL) is pretty good…I found an interesting little article on how our taste preferences actually shift with the needs of our body!
What is your favorite restaurant?
Favorite restaurant??? Ohhhh goodness……Schlotzsky’s. *angel choir singing* ❤ I ABSOLUTELY LOVE their cranberry-apple-pecan salad…complete with creamy, salty ranch and twangy blue cheese crumbles….okay. Need to get off the food. It’s after lunch right now and I’m not supposed to be hungry. 😉
Where is the best place you’ve been on vacation?
Vacation. Hmmmmm. Let…me…think. I believe the best place I’ve been to while on vacation (believe it or not) is my maternal grandparents’ house ❤ ❤ ❤ I just LOVE their home and the atmosphere. It’s not a huge place…some of it has been remodeled/painted (that was several, several years ago), but the feel is down-to-earth and homey, somewhat like a cottage. My Grandmother has a window seat with bookshelves literally STUFFED with amazing, wonderful books on either side ❤ ❤ It’s just a beautiful place…with the remains of a garden outside and huge, old, old towering trees…ivy crawling all over the place…old family photo books hidden away nearby…shabby-chic bedrooms…family paintings on the walls…. I don’t know. It’s just my home away from home ❤ ❤ And I think that’s really where I picked up my love for reading ❤
What is your favorite school subject?
When I was in home-school-high-school, writing. But I also enjoyed math (even though I cried and struggled through every bit of it with blood, sweat, and tears 😀 😉 )
What is your favorite movie?
So: It’s a tight tie. I simply cannot decide (I sincerely apologize for my fickleness) 😉
What is your favorite way of transportation?
Oh boy. By car, I guess? Either that or walking or cycling…but I’m out of bicycles right now, so walking would be my only other option (good exercise! (yay) takes forever to get places (aww) ) 😉 ❤ ❤ ❤
What is your favorite candy?
Alright. I’m going to be frank here. I don’t really eat candy anymore (used to cry about it, can tolerate it now 😉 ). Healthy option? THM Freezer Pops and Okra Brownies (believe it or not, they exist, and are completely sugarless and completely sweet!!) Normal option? TOUGH TIE, GUYS!!!!!! Diving in for the Reese’s ❤ If not that, a good, old-fashioned Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar will do fantastic. 😀 (Make sure it’s King-sized, though 😉 ❤ )
Thank you, Lydia, for these amazing questions! They really got me thinking ❤ ❤
5 Awesome (and I mean awesome) bloggers…
- Amanda from Amanda Joy Writes…
- Amie from Crazy A…
- Annie from Annie Writes…
- Hannah from Mirroring Jesus…
- Allison from A Farm Girl’s Life…
All of these blogs are truly amazing, and fit the “Awesome Blogger” description to a T.
And here are my QUESTIONS…
- What movie inspires you the most, and why?
- How many books do you think you’ve read over the past 3 years (average)?
- What Scripture verse encourages you to LIVE for Christ the most, and why?
- Have you witnessed to anyone before? If so, could you share your experience with us?
- What discipline in your life has proven to be the hardest so far, and how do you tackle it?
- Would you rather spend a week touring all the places where Jesus actually walked or spend a week getting to know all of the prayer warriors in your church?
- Do you prefer sharp pencils over dull pencils, or vice versa?
- If you were plunged into a totally new culture in which you had to either change your name to a copy of the name of the current monarch or submit to a diet of crickets, which would you choose?
- Would you rather get the chance to walk through a wardrobe into Narnia or live on a farm with the Charlotte’s Web characters?
- If you had one last sentence left to ever write to anyone in your life, what would it be?
Please, please, please check out each of these girls’ blogs and prepare yourself for quite a treat! I absolutely LOVE getting wafts of so many thrilling aromas in my gmail inbox whenever these girls’ posts come through!! It’s such a breath of fresh air.
Until next time… 😉